Each year, the Greater Raleigh Chamber establishes a variety of committees and task forces to accomplish its business plan. Chamber members have the opportunity to become more involved in meaningful ways. The following volunteer opportunities are categorized by Chamber department.
Click here for the volunteer sign-up form.
Communications Advisory Board
The Communications Board advises the Chamber's Communications Department. They review the annual Communications Action Plan, make changes, and offer feedback on key department initiatives.
- Marketing Partners Task ForceIdentifies resources to invest in the Chamber with media space, media, time, or assistance with production
- Social Media Task Force
Recommends best practices to execute the Chamber’s social media plan
- Media Relations Task Force
Looks for and advises on how to put the power of PR to work
- Talent Recruitment
- Identifies strategies for recruitment and retention of highly skilled workers
- Targets markets that have industry clusters
- Provides programming and educational forums
- Education Committee
The committee works to improve our Wake County Public School System.
- First Responders Appreciation Task Force
The committee plans and assists in the implementation of the First Responders Appreciation breakfast.
- Inter-City Visit & Leadership Conference Task Force
The task force assists Chamber staff with the planning and implementation of the Annual Inter-City Visit and Leadership Conference.
- Issues Committee
The Issues Committee crafts the Chamber’s Legislative Agenda.
GREATER RALEIGH SPORTS COUNCIL
The Greater Raleigh Sports Council is a separate membership program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce that focuses on promoting Raleigh and Wake County as the best place for sporting events, athletic associations, and athletes. Sports Council priorities include promoting existing organizations and events, creating value for members, and attracting new major events to the area. Volunteer subcommittees include Program Development, Membership, and Evening of Champions. To sign up for a Sports Council subcommittee or for more information on becoming a Sports Council member, please go to www.thesportscouncil.org or call 919.664.7070.
A resource development campaign that sells Chamber event sponsorships and memberships for the Board of Advisors, EDGE4, Sports Council, Young Professionals Network, and the Regional Transportation Alliance. Campaign kicks off in February and concludes in June.
Current involvement in these programs is a pre-requisite.
- Business Expo Task Force
The Business Expo Task Force assists in planning and implementing the business-to-business trade show held in the spring. Task force:
- Recruits businesses to participate in trade show
- Sells sponsorships for the event
- Assists with decisions on speaker selections and event activities
- Meet the Purchasers Task Force
Meet the Purchasers connects members with purchasers from local businesses and governmental agencies. Task Force:
- Recruits local purchasers to participate in the quarterly sessions
- Develops strategy to build attendance
- Young Professionals
Provides networking and educational programs for Greater Raleigh Chamber members and their employees (ages 23 – 39). Task force:
- Recruits and markets to increase awareness and attendance at YPN events
- Provides suggestions for speakers and topics
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION ALLIANCE
The Regional Transportation Alliance is a separate membership program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce that serves as the regional business leadership group focused on mobility solutions in the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas. RTA priorities include advancing freeway, transit, intercity rail, and air service projects and initiatives. Volunteer action teams include I-40 Regional Partnership, Improving Transit, and RDU Air Service. To sign up for an RTA action team or for more information on becoming an RTA member, please go to www.letsgetmoving.org or call 919.664.7062.