Freeways vice chair, Regional Transportation Alliance
Senior director of business operations, SAS Institute, Inc.
Transportation studies and hearings are not, by their nature, particularly exciting. However, the meetings next week on the Complete 540 freeway project are both exciting and essential — and we need your help to advance the regional business community’s top new freeway priority.
Here is the gist of what you need to know:
- The meetings will be held this coming Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (December 7-9)
- You can attend any of the three meetings and offer comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement about the importance of the project and your thoughts on the various alternatives
- In fact, you can offer comments without attending a meeting, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether or not you offer feedback in person, your comments should be in writing, and include the following:
- Support for the Complete 540 project. You should first note that we need to complete 540—in particular the section from Holly Springs to I-40/U.S. 70 Clayton Bypass—to provide free-flow mobility during peak periods and throughout the day, relieve overburdened secondary roads from congestion, and enable our region to succeed both now and as we grow (and/or other reasons you wish to convey)
- Support for any particularly favorite color alternative or alternatives, and the reasons that you feel that way
- Opposition to any colors alternative(s) that you do not like, and the reasons that you feel that way
This is a re-post of a blog from the Regional Transportation Alliance, a program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber. See the original blog, as well as other, here.