Join the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, community leaders, and friends for a nine-day trip to Cuba.
Sept. 27 – Oct. 5
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to Cuba and experience meaningful exchanges through people-to-people contact. During the trip, you will:
- Learn about the country’s history at Museo Fine Arts and Museo de la Revolucion in Havana
- See the stunning scenery—a landscape of prehistoric looking flat-top mountains or “mogotes,” tobacco plantations, caves, and rivers—of Pinar del Rio, Cuba’s western province
- Visit Las Taerrazas, a small cooperative village set up in the 1960s to be self-sufficient
- Enjoy a walking tour of Trinidad de Cuba, one of the country’s oldest cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour the Bay of Pigs Museum and see historical artifacts including a Sea Fury fighter aircraft, photos, and maps which outline each step of the failed plan
- Explore the world of Ernest Hemingway at Hemingway’s Farm, Finca La Vigia, hosts the house where the Nobel Prize winner lived with his wife, Martha, for 21 years.
- And much more
Chamber Explorations has been issued a specific license by The Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control, which authorizes registered guests of our programs to visit Cuba legally. There are no applications to complete, and your travel with us is fully authorized. Prior to departure, you will receive a copy of our Specific License and a Letter of Authorization which legalizes your travel to Cuba.
The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the trip in cooperation with Chamber Explorations, which along with its parent company Premier World Discovery, offers more than 100 years of group travel experience, a nationwide team of travel consultants, and first class travel programs. Whether you have questions on tipping or taxis, luggage or lunches, customs or culture, Chamber Explorations and the Greater Raleigh Chamber will prepare you well for your adventure.
- Roundtrip airfare from Miami (MIA)
- Air departure taxes
- Cuban Travel Visa
- Cuban Health Insurance
- 8 nights first class hotel accommodations
- 19 meals (7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners)
- Interactions and admissions per itinerary
- Professional Cuban bilingual tour guide
- Hotel and airport transfers and baggage handling
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned motor coach
Cultural Connections—People-to-People Interactions
- La Marketa de Havana
- Las Terrazas Cooperative Village
- Salsa dancing lessons
- Traditional pottery studio visit and demonstration
- Guanabacoa Museum
- Callejon de Hamel
- Cuban Literacy Museum
- Cuban school visit
The cost is $3,399 (per person, based on double-occupancy). Non-members will be charged an additional $100 fee. A single room for the entire trip will cost an additional $600.
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY. RESERVATIONS ARE FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED.
Please click the links below for more information.
Call 919.664.7034 or email Sarah Gaskill