At the 2022 Diversity, Equity, & Inclusivity Conference, in partnership with Bank of America, we gained new tools and insights to strive for more inclusive work and community environments through cultural competence and awareness. The day began with an opening charge from Jamaal Livan of Bank of America before our Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity took the stage for the first interactive activity and panel discussion: Privileges for Sale.
- 5 Ways to Overcome DEI Fatigue
- Advocating for DEI in Your C-Suite (Panel)
- Creating Inclusive Spaces for the LGBTQ+ Experience
- Driving DEI with Data
- Hiring and Retaining Diverse Talent (Panel)
- Introduction to Culture and Cultural Competence
- Equitable Mentorship and Sponsorship
- Justice-Based Trust Building
- Racism and Its Effect on Mental Health
- Supporting People Impacted by the Criminal Justice System: Redefining Second Chance Hiring
At the end of the day, participants returned to the main ballroom to debrief, set goals and intentions for the upcoming year, and reflect on the many new questions about diversity, equity, and inclusivity that resulted from a day of exploration and learning. Every attendee left more aware that the continuous improvement and self-development of yourself leads to the systemic payoff to our community and organizations – and together we can make it happen!
You can find more coverage of the event here.