With the theme of Learn and Lead, there was so much insightful material to be shared.
Thank you, PNC, for your sponsorship and support, and to Jim Hansen for being a strong ally.
Our Panel Included:
- Shemekka Ebony, Co-founder, Crown Campaign
- Judge Ashleigh Parker Dunston, Wake County District Court, 10th Judicial District
- Senator Natalie Murdock, NC Senator, District 20
- Terence Everitt, NC House Representative, District 35
- Kacie Fore, Senior Public Engagement Specialist – Transmission, Duke Energy
- Chanae Wilson, Community Connections Manager with the Budget & Tax Center, North Carolina Justice Center
- Courtney Vinson, Teacher, Wake County Public School System
- Matt Calabria, Chair, Wake County Board of Commissioners, District 2
- Shinica Thomas, Wake County Board of Commissioners, District 6
The remainder of day 1 featured breakout sessions for participants to choose 2 of 3 topics:
- The Future is Yours!
- Putting Equity and Inclusion into Action
- The Power of Your Community
One of our favorite quotes from this session was, "Open communication is built on the foundation of trust." –Amy Bacon, Senior VP, Enterprise Data Risk Management, PNC
- Amy Bacon, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Data Management, PNC
- Carla Mantilla, Head of Client Lifecycle Management, Credit Suisse
- Kelli Dragovich, Chief People Officer, Pendo
- Retaining Female Leadership
- Resilient Leadership During Uncertain Times
- The Trailblazers
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Highwoods Properties, Inc.
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Bailey's Fine Jewelry
Syngenta Crop Protection
Wake Technical Community College
Breakout Session Sponsors:
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Alfred Williams & Company
Barnhill Contracting Co., Inc.
Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein